If you’re missing teeth or wear uncomfortable dentures, it may be time to think about your options. With all of the dental restorations out there, dental implants can be a great way to restore your smile and give you the function of your normal teeth. Today our team is going to give you five facts about dental implants to help in your decision.
1. It‘s a good idea to have a general health evaluation from your family physician to ensure your health is well enough for the implant surgery.
2. There are two different types of dental implants that can surgically placed, endosteal and subperiodsteal implants.
3. When your dental implant is initially inserted, our dentist will recommend a diet of soft or liquid foods to ensure your mouth heals correctly.
4. During your healing time, the bone around your implant will begin a process called osseointegration. Essentially this means the bone around the implant grows, making it strong and keeping it in place. This process can take up to several months for some patients.
5. Dental implants can range from a single-tooth replacement to your entire mouth.
If you are missing one or more of your teeth, it may be time to consider a more permanent option for a replacement. Contact our offices to find out more information on your dental implant options by calling 410.381.0505 today!